Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

eye control mobile device

When I saw this video, I was extremely excited. It seems a little dull, but for the past year and a half or so, I have been commited to the idea that this would soon be a viable interface for device control. I even bought a book that was way over my head on openCV, a computer vision software, in order to get some idea of how this was possible. Sadly, I'm as good as illiterate with that book. Here is the news though, researchers have enabled a hand-held device to be controlled by eye movements and blinks alone. This has been done and nearly perfected on desktops, but has not been shown successful on a mobile device yet. It is much harder with a small mobile screen because the movement of the phone distorts the angle of perception at a much higher rate than when a user movs their head around a large screen in their immediate view. With the advancement of this and gesture user interfaces, researchers of today will revolutionize the devices of tomorrow
.


No comments:

Post a Comment